Quote: “To be happy at Home is the ultimate result of all ambition.”
~ ~ SAMUEL JOHNSON
Chances are you’ve been dreaming for quite a while about your new kitchen or bath.
You've been imagining how it will add to the enjoyment of your home and family life.
Here are some steps you need to take to work with your designer.
- Create a project wish list of all of your wants and needs for the new project. When you meet with your designer, discuss your style preferences, such as contemporary, modern, transitional, French country, rustic, etc. Be sure to check with your whole family in this process, in case anyone has any specific ideas.
- Review your budget. Your designer will help by giving you preliminary estimates on different products and looks to make sure the project remains affordable, but still meets all your needs.
- Research and make product comparisons. There are a lot of brands and products to choose from. This will help you decide what will work best for your budget and space.
- Explore design and style comparisons. It wise to look at the Designer’s own portfolio. There are additional digital media resources with a wealth of information as well. Create Idea Boards on Pinterest and Houzz, they offer unlimited design and resource information, and are right at the touch of your fingers.
- Visit the designer’s showroom to review options and get a hands on feel for what you would like to see in your new dream home project.
- Finally, check the designer’s referrals list or testimonials of former clients. There is no better way to see how well you will work with someone, than by speaking to previous clients.